AGENCIES, New Delhi: The Unlock 5 guidelines that last month allowed reopening of cinema halls, swimming pools for sports training and gatherings with restrictions, will be valid till November 30, the Ministry of Home Affairs has ordered.
“The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issued an order today (Tuesday) to extend the guidelines for re-opening, issued on 30.09.2020, to remain in force upto 30.11.2020,” a Press Information Bureau release said.
The ministry, which is among the highest executive bodies taking decisions on matters related to the COVID-19 pandemic, in September allowed resumption of cinema halls with 50 per cent occupancy, international air travel as permitted by the government and gatherings in closed spaces with 50 per cent strength, not exceeding 200 people — all these activities will function as before until further orders.
While most of the activities have been permitted in areas outside containment zones, some high-risk activities will function as per the orders of respective state/Union Territory governments, the statement said. “These activities include schools and coaching institutes; state and private universities for research scholars; allowing gatherings above the limit of 100, etc,” it read.
After the last guidelines issued by Ministry of Home Affairs on September 20, the following activities are also permitted but with certain restrictions:
- International air travel of passengers as permitted by MHA.
- Swimming pools being used for training of sportspersons.
- Exhibitions halls for Business to Business (B2B) purposes.
- Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes upto 50% of their seating capacity.
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations, in closed spaces with a maximum of 50% of the hall capacity and subject to ceiling of 200 persons.
Political gatherings in poll-bound Bihar and those constituencies where bypolls are scheduled have been allowed with attendance of not more than 200 people. These gatherings can only take place outside containment zones.