AGENCIES, New Delhi: The ministry of home affairs has announced detailed guidelines for Unlock 5 effective from October 15. Despite a steep rise in the number of Covid-19 cases in the country, the home ministry has made it clear that there would be more relaxations and fewer restrictions, though local administrations in some states are heavily relying on voluntary curfew and local lockdowns.
Here are the highlights of the new guidelines:
* Cinemas/ theatres/multiplexes will be permitted to open with upto 50% of their seating capacity, for which, SOP will be issued by ministry of information & broadcasting.
* Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions will be permitted to open, for which, SOP will be issued by the department of commerce.
* Swimming pools being used for training of sportspersons will be permitted to open, for which the standard operating procedure (SOP) will be issued by ministry of sports.
* Entertainment parks and similar places will be permitted to open.
* For re-opening of schools and coaching institutions, State/UT governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after October 15, 2020, in a graded manner. The decision shall be taken in consultation with the respective school/institution management, based on their assessment of the situation.
* Online/distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.
* Where schools are conducting online classes, and some students prefer to attend online classes rather than physically attend school, they may be permitted to do so.
* Students may attend schools/institutions only with the written consent of parents.
* Attendance must not be enforced, and must depend entirely on parental consent.
* States/UTs will prepare their own SOP regarding health and safety precautions for reopening of schools/institutions based on the SOP to be issued by department of school education.
Unlock 5.0 is likely to become the most crucial as a number of religious festivals are scheduled in October, including Durga Puja. The first phase of Bihar Assembly election is scheduled on October 28. The Centre is likely to revise its order pertaining to the maximum number of people who can gather at a place.
MHA issues new guidelines for re-opening; gives flexibility to States/UTs for opening of schools
Cinemas/ theatres/multiplexes outside the containment zones, permitted to open with upto 50% of seating capacity from October 15
— PIB India (@PIB_India) September 30, 2020