BH CORRESPONDENT, Mumbai: Noted industrialist and philanthropist Ratan Tata on Saturday announced a commitment of Rs 500 crore through Tata Trusts to support the fight against the coronavirus pandemic or COVID-19. In a social media post, the Chairman of the Tata Trusts said that at this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time.
Tata added that Tata Trusts continues its pledge to protect and empower all affected communities and funds are being earmarked for use in five key areas:
• Personal protective equipment for the medical personnel on the frontlines
• Respiratory systems for treating increasing cases
• Testing kits to increase per capita testing
• Setting up modular treatment facilities for infected patients
• Knowledge management and training of health workers and the general public.
The Tata Trusts, Tata Sons and the Tata Group companies are joined by committed local and global partners as well as the government to fight this crisis on a united public health collaboration platform, which will strive to reach out to sections that are underprivileged and deprived,” said Ratan Tata.
Tata also showered deep appreciation for the healthcare workers and doctors by saying: “We are deeply grateful and have immense respect for every person of member organisations who have risked their life and safety to fight this pandemic”.
— Coronavirus Updates India (@CoronaUpdateIND) March 28, 2020