BH CORRESPONDENT, Mumbai: Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray on Monday said that he has had a telephonic conversation with Union Home Minister Amit Shah about the Palghar mob lynching case. He also said that two policemen were suspended on Monday for their alleged dereliction of duty.
While addressing the state via Facebook Live, Thackeray said, “We’ve suspended two policemen and appointed ADG CID Crime Atulchandra Kulkarni to investigate the matter. Over 100 persons including five main accused have been arrested so far.”
He assured the citizens that there is nothing communal in the Palghar mob lynching case. “There is nothing communal in this whole incident. I have spoken to Amit Shah ji this morning about the incident too,” Thackeray said.
During the telephonic conversation, Thackeray apprised the home minister about the incidents and the steps taken to nab those involved in the incident.
The incident took place on April 16 when three men from Kandivali in Mumbai were going in a car towards Surat in Gujarat. Their vehicle was stopped near a village in Palghar. The three were dragged out of their car and beaten to death with sticks by a mob on suspicion that they were thieves.
The deceased were identified as Chikne Maharaj Kalpavrukshagiri (70), Sushilgiri Maharaj (35), and their car driver Nilesh Telgade (30). Thackeray on Sunday said stern action will be taken against those involved in the lynching of the three men. The state government has also ordered a high-level inquiry into the incident.