BH CORRESPONDENT, Kolkata: Hyundai Motor India Foundation (HMIF), the CSR arm of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) has announced its support of India’s fight against COVID-19. The carmaker says it will provide assistance to the central and state government relief funds and also provide the medical fraternity with much needed protective and patient care equipment.
SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “In these challenging times, our Global Vision – ‘Progress for Humanity’, holds us firmly rooted to core values of community service. Hyundai is committed to support India in this fight against the COVID-19 crisis and we are advancing our CSR initiatives that are aimed at enhancing support and care of society & communities.”
Hyundai’s multi prong initiative includes:
● Contribution towards the PM CARES Fund.
● Contribution towards Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Public Relief Fund.
● Provide Advanced and Precise COVID-19 Diagnostic kits imported from South Korea.
● HMIL to join hands with local manufacturer to enhance the production of ventilators to meet growing demand in Tamil Nadu and other states.
● In-house development of a prototype ventilator: already submitted to government of Tamil Nadu for consideration.
● Provide protective and patient care equipment/ materials to various states.
● Hyundai will provide daily necessary food material in the form of dry ration to needy people in coordination with local Tamil Nadu government.