AGENCIES, London: Enough is enough, the adage seems quite powerful when it is used by royalty against publicity seeking media.
UK’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan have blacklisted four major British tabloids on Sunday, accusing them of publishing stories that were “distorted, false and invasive beyond reason”, UK media has reported.
In a scathing letter to the editors of the Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror and Express, the couple, who have formally stepped down as senior members of the British Royal family, said there would be “no corroboration and zero engagement” with the said newspapers.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have watched people they know — as well as complete strangers — have their lives completely pulled apart for no good reason, other than the fact that salacious gossip boosts advertising revenue,” according to an excerpt published by the Guardian.
The couple’s hostility towards some media oulets spilled over into legal action last year, with Harry suing over alleged voicemail interception and Meghan filing a claim over a private letter to her father appearing in The Mail on Sunday after he shared it with the tabloid.
In their message to the editors, the couple said their new policy did not apply to all media and that they would continue to work with journalists around the world.