AGENCIES, Kolkata: The Centre on Wednesday issued the details of the guidelines for citizens and state governments to follow during the extended lockdown period applicable till May 3.
The announcement for extending the lockdown was made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his televised address to the nation. In the address, Modi shared up to date information regarding the coronavirus issue in India, achievements in checking the spread of the infection. Modi also asked the citizens and visitors to follow seven rules in this time of crisis.
The revised guidelines factor in a few relations in view the benefit of the poor.
Here is a picture of activities that will remain suspended till May 3.
• All domestic and air travel of passengers, except for security purposes
• All passenger movement by trains, except for security purposes
• Buses for public transport
• Metro rail services
• Inter-district and inter-state movement of individuals except for medical reasons
• All educations, coaching, training institutions shall remain closed
• All industrial and commercial activities other than those specifically permitted under these guidelines
• Hospitality services other than those specifically permitted under these guidelines
• Taxis (including auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws) and services of cab aggregators
• All cinema halls, malls, shopping complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
• All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions/other gatherings
• All religious places/places or worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited
• In case of funerals, congregation of more than 20 people will not be permitted