BH CORRESPONDENT, Kolkata: Actor Nigel Akkara’s life hasn’t been without struggles. But the battles in life only helped the ex-convict-turned-actor to emerge stronger as a person. Today, of course, this 6 foot 1 inch man is a well-known actor in Tollywood, recently delivering a hit with Shiboprosad Mukhopadhyay and Nandita Roy’s Gotro, but in the time of crisis, the citizens of Kolkata will remember him for a different reason.
With his team, Nigel has been sanitizing various areas of Kolkata and districts in the fight against coronavirus. Nigel owns Kolkata Facility Management, which provides services like pest control, cleaning, waste management, skill development, meditation programs and security services. But when the entire world is battling against COVID-19, Nigel also joined in the fight and as one of the frontline workers, he sanitized areas under South 24 Parganas, Biddhannagar municipal corporation.
Nigel and his team members disinfected the cars used by the officials of Narendrapur Police Station in South 24 Paraganas. The Muktodhara actor also urged the people to stay strong during the COVID-19 crisis. He said that we will get through the tough time.
Nigel along with team members namely Arijit, Sanjay and Amit had earlier done sanitization work in Ward No 30 i.e. areas covering Narkeldanga, Phoolbagan, Kankurgachi. In protective masks, gloves, he can be seen with sanitising machines on the roads. “We are grateful that we have got a chance to serve the society in our own little way. I urge the people to stay at home. The essential service professionals are working really hard so that we can stay comfortably at home. So, all we need to do is stay at home,” said the Rajkahini actor.
View this post on Instagram
Started Our initiative to sanitize/sterilize different areas and localities on voluntary basis in association with different Local bodies . This video is an excerpt of the sanitization treatment provided by me and my team of Kolkata Facility Management administrative staffs and Directors . We have about 20% staffs working with emergency and essential service providers. The rest 80% are all at home following the rules set by the Government for this Lockdown. We very well understand this process of sanitization is currently very essential especially in public places. We all have a social responsibility towards this fight against Coronavirus. I am grateful that a work that once helped me return to the mainstream society is at this moment something which could be provided for our fight against this virus. I owe my love for my motherland and it’s all about the consequences and records that my nation has borne with me for the man I’m today. . . . #actor #tollywood #tollywoodactor #artist #theatreartist #dramaartist #nigelakkara #covid_19 #coronavirus #besafe #dontpanic #staysafe #stayhome #selfquarantine #spreadpositivity #dontspreadgerms #gocorona #coronagoaway #westbengal #awareness #CoronavirusLockdown #CoronaStopKaroNa #kfmindia