KAUSHIK DUTTA, Kharagpur: More than 20 shops, in the market which is inside the IIT Kharagpur campus, were gutted after fire broke out on Friday night. Two fire tenders rushed to douse the fire and it was brought under control.
The officials said as the market was closed, there were no reports of any casualties. They are trying to find out the reason of the fire. Though the cause of fire is not yet ascertained, the officials think that it might be because of short circuit or due to gas leak. Since it was lockdown, the market since IIT Kharagpur, known as the tech market was close.